shabby template

Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Tale of Two Kims, My Predisposition

Over the years I have found that I just really love people named Kim.
I think Heavenly Father thought it might be hard for me to make friends so he planted a little pattern called, "I'll name all your best friends Kim," and then he hoped that I would catch on.

Well, looks like I've finally caught on!
And I've decided to give a special shout out to two very special Kims in my life.

I'll go in order of when I met them, not order of importance (cause they're both so great)

First....Kimberly Ahlstrom (Friden):


When I became friends with this girl I was only in 7th or 8th grade, and she was in High School.
She is one of the best friends I have ever had. 
Kim is really amazing, she has always cared about me and given me advice (especially about boys ).
One time we had a water drinking contests when we got really bored, dumb...dumb idea.


Another time we cooked rotten bacon and it made the whole house smell really gross.
Most of all though, Kim was always just a friend, the friend I could have sleep overs with , go shopping with, and have lunch with.

I remember when she got engaged to her best friend Shane, I was so happy I thought I would die.


 But it got better, after they got married they were blessed with a stinkin' cute little boy, Jeremy. 


I'm so happy for Kim and the wonderful example of a righteous woman that she is. Kimmie, you have taught me so much, and have somehow managed to help keep me on this path that I'm on. I love you So much.


Alright my other Kim is Kimberly Bennett. 


She is so incredibly fabulous.
Each day when I count my blessings, I count her twice.
I don't know if it's possible to thank her, or explain to her how much she means to me, but let me just give it a shot.

This Kim taught me:
To pray every morning and night
To JuMp at the thought of service
To volunteer to Pray and read at church
To Love everyone as much as I can
To smile when it's hard
To cry in the closet
To work hard
To play hard
To trust
To love

Kim just has a way about her. When she's around everyone feels happy. When Kim is around there are always smiles.

I remember one time I didn't have any hairspray because I accidentally put my new hairspray in my carry-on at the airport. Kim bought me new hairspray.



When she first found out about my love for Cranberry sauce, guess what was waiting at my house?




A head massager for my daily headaches.
Head Neck Scalp Massager Massage Stress Release Gold
Medicine when I'm sick.


Food when I'm hungry.



But can I say that most of all she just loves me. She just loves. More than loving though, I guess is that my Kimmie shows me that she loves me, through her words, her actions, her quality time spent with me, the gifts that she gives, both tangible and not. She gives gives gives and she will forever be my sister because of it.


I love you Kimmies! I love you because you both have shaped my life in ways that I cannot even begin to write down with my meager words. I cannot express my love or appreciation for all you have done. Your sweet influence will FOREVER be close to my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment