shabby template

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hearty Pumpkin Pasta Bake




You guys,
I made this delicious pasta bake!
And I want to share the "recipe" with you!





Alright, so I made a little tiny serving, so I could eat this twice
So, for you and your potential family, you might have to make way more.
Here's the grocery list:

Italian Sausage (I got mild)
Bow-tie Pasta
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Onion
Marinated artichoke hearts
Mushrooms
Spinach
Kale
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce (I found mine at Costco)

The pumpkin sauce was much sweeter than your normal marinara sauce, so I found some 
ingredients that I thought would balance the sweetness.

First start a pot of water boiling for the pasta.
(you will also use this water to blanch the kale and/or spinach)
While the water is starting to boil start your Italian sausage. I used half of a package.

While the sausage and water are going 
dice up some onion and mushrooms.
Cook these for a minute just until they are browned and a little soft.
Blanch the kale and spinach and then throw it in an ice bath.
Next put in your pasta, boil the pasta until it's almost cooked.
 Don't cook the pasta until it's done because it's going to go into the oven.
(Take it out before it's all the way soft)

Yay! Now you put everything into a baking dish :)
Including the pasta sauce.
Mix in the artichokes and everything that you cooked up.
Mix in the cheese and sprinkle some on top.
Cover the dish with foil and bake at 400. 
I baked mine for about 20 minutes and then took the foil off and put it in for another 5.
TADAAA!
You just made a yummy pasta dish :)

(I really didn't measure anything, so that's why I didn't put any measurements) 






















No comments:

Post a Comment