shabby template

Sunday, October 25, 2015

I've been on a Brene Brown kick for a couple of months
Okay, it's been like for the past year.
If you haven't read or heard of her work you must Youtube her NOW!

Anyway, she has said and taught me so many life changing things
That I can't possibly write about them all here,
But there is something that REALLY caught my attention
So I thought I'd share it here with you.
I re-worded it so that it was in a different tense,
But it's the same idea, she said,

" Redefine what you believe to be valuable, and make sure you fit in the definition."

Often, what I think of as valuable is just a list of things that I AM NOT!
It's valuable to be: patient, loving, rich, pretty, etc.
And, yes, those things are valuable, BUT I'm valuable even if I'm not pretty or rich or loving, yup, I am. And so are you.

I guess I'm still working on my new definition, because I truly think that I'm valuable without any conditions. I'm valuable and worthy of love and belonging and I don't need to be anyone or anything other than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment