shabby template

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Love You, A Bushel And A Peck


Yesterday I cried in my closet with my best friend. She reminded me what true love really is. She reminded me that sometimes the most wonderful thing that we can do, is to truly, sincerely, honestly love someone.


Doctrine & Covenants 4: 5-7

5. And faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7. Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen. 



( My Kimberly drew this...it's me)




I've been on a Love kick lately. Reading about Love, talking about Love, and watching movies about Love. (I watched The Vow and Moulin Rouge in the same week, it was almost too much for me!) You probably know where I'm going with this, and you're right! The next couple of weeks I'm going to work on Loving.





I decided to start with reading about a man that Loved the people of the world and also dearly loved his wonderful wife. As I was reading the book "Standing For Something" by Gordon B. Hinckley I came upon this little gem of a quote...




"...love is more than a paper heart. Love is the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Yet it is not found only at the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage,and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death. How rich are those who enjoy it in their associations with family, friends, and neighbors! Love, like faith, is a gift of God. It is also the most enduring and most powerful virtue."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley



(Double Rainbow)


Today I went to a fireside at which one of the area seventy spoke. When he asked the congregation what they wanted out of this life, I simply thought, "I want to be more Christlike, and to be a mother that teaches her children to be Christlike."

That's what I want. The speaker also sparked my interest by reminding me that I want to be a great parent, because I am loved by an omnipotent, forever patient, perfectly loving, Father in Heaven.

Who wouldn't want to be like that?



Philippians 4:8-9

8. Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you"









Finally. Listen to this song. I think he really loves his wife, and you can tell because even though times are hard, he's still standing next to her, holding her up when she can't do it by herself, that's just what Christ would do.








No comments:

Post a Comment